All activities conducted in the Prayer Hall require approval of the Executive Committee. All approved activities will be displayed on the display boards in the Prayer Hall.
General Rules for the Prayer Hall
- The Prayer Hall is for the benefit of all Muslims. It is to be used for religious, educational and social activities. All activities in the Prayer shall be conducted within the framework of Islamic principles and guidelines set by the Islamic Center of Puget Sound.
- No activity shall be held in the Prayer Hall that contradicts Islamic principles and violates the sanctity of the Prayer Hall.
- Any non-disposable personal items left in the Prayer Hall will be disposed of as seen fit by the committee (e.g., serving plates, cutlery, etc.). A Lost & Found box will be set up in the Prayer Hall.
- Any unlabeled disposable items (e.g. food items) will be discarded within two days.
- No personal furniture, clothing, etc. can be left in the Prayer Hall unless permission is given by a member of the committee (e.g. specific function like fundraising, etc.).
- Children have to be supervised in the Prayer Hall at all times by their parents or any delegated babysitter. Crayons, pens, and pencils should be kept in a locked place and away from children after the Islamic School. Parents are held financially responsible for any broken or damaged items by their children.
- The prayer areas shall only be used for prayers, individual religious studies, small group studies, and the Islamic School classes. Requests for using the prayer area for other activities have to be made to the committee at least 2 weeks prior to the event.
- Prayers will be held at the scheduled times displayed in the Masjid, except for the following:
- FridayJumaa'h will be held at 1:30 p.m. or 12:30pm depending on DST.
- During Islamic School Dhuhr prayers will be held at 1:30 p.m.
- Isha prayers may be scheduled at a different time during Ramadhan to meet the needs of the community.
- Items moved into/around the prayer areas should be returned to their original location prior to leaving the prayer area (e.g. chairs, tables, books, etc.).
- No talking is allowed in the prayer areas during or just after the prayers or during lectures and khutbas at all times.
- No food or drinks are allowed in the prayer areas except when permitted by the Mosque committee, committee organized potlucks or during Ramadan Iftar times.
- No one is allowed to walk in the prayer areas with shoes on (children are not excluded).
- No running or playing is allowed in the prayer areas. Adults are encouraged to stop this activity if it takes place in their presence.
- All must abide by the Islamic dress code in the prayer areas.
- The prayer areas shall not be used for sleeping except for observing Ittkaf (e.g. during the last ten days of Ramadan, etc.). Permission for any Itikaf activity should be requested from the Executive Committee, and the name of the responsible person should be given.
- Cell phones should be deactivated during prayers or khutbas.
- Shoes should be placed in the shoe racks.
The order of reservation priority for use of the Prayer Hall shall be:
- Functions organized by ICOPS including the Weekend Islamic School.
- Local Muslim families and individuals (e.g. weddings, aqiqas, iftars, etc.).
- Others (Local Muslims).
- Any groups or individuals using the Prayer Hall shall be responsible for, but not limited to, the following:
- Arranging the room according to the needs of the function;
- Stacking the furniture and returning all furniture to appropriate places after use.
- Cleaning the facility after use if the function involved serving food (including the refrigerator, wiping the tables, wiping the counters, the floors, and clearing the prayer areas).
- Removing all garbage after use and placing in the town provided trash bins located outside the Masjid in the rear parking lot;
- Cleaning and storing of dishes.
- Removal of all personal items including dishes and cutlery.
- Removing of all food items from the hall and the refrigerator if used.
- Failure to fulfill the responsibilities above will result in a warning. A maximum of 2 warnings can be issued before the responsible individual will not be allowed to make any reservations.
- All vehicles must be parked in designated parking spaces.
- Parking in a disability parking space may result in a parking ticket by the local police.
- No parking is allowed along emergency routes or fire lanes.
- No blocking of other vehicles is allowed.
- Cars left in the parking lot for more than 2 days without notice are liable to be towed at the expense of the owner.
- We encourage everyone to use the Wudu area for making Wudu (ablution).
- In the event that any problems occur (e.g. toilet blockage, sink malfunction, etc.) make sure to contact the maintenance coordinator as soon as possible.
- Report any supply shortage (e.g. toilet paper, paper towels, soap, etc.) to the supplies coordinator as soon as possible.